PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.ifeat.org is a website operated by The International Federation of Essential Oils and Aroma Trades Limited, a company limited by guarantee, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 01369368 and whose registered office is at 6th Floor, Mutual House, 70 Conduit Street, London W1S 2GF (we, us or IFEAT). Our VAT number is GB 524 7879 10.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our website. When using our website, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you purchase goods or services from our website, our terms and conditions of supply [INSERT LINK TO WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY] will apply to such sales.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITE
- We may update our website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE
- Our website is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
- The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods or services to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply [INSERT AS LINK TO WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY].
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR WEBSITE
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our website, or to make contact with other users of our website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You warrant that any such contribution complies with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer, then this means that you will be responsible to pay for any damage or loss we suffer as a result of your contribution failing to meet those standards.
- Any content you upload to our website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us, and to the extent such content would be available to other users of the Site then such other users, a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our website.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- The views expressed by other users on our website do not represent our views or values.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
RIGHTS YOU LICENCE
When you upload or post content to our website, you grant:
- us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user generated content in connection with the services provided by the website and across different media.
- third parties (such as other users of our website, our business partners or advertisers) a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free license that allows such third parties to use such uploaded content for their purposes in accordance with the functionality of the website.
- We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this linking permission without notice.
- The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our website other than as set out above, please contact [email protected] to submit a request, which we may provide or deny at our sole discretion.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR WEBSITE
- Where our website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
“IFEAT” and the IFEAT Logo are registered trademarks of IFEAT.
To contact us, please email [email protected]
Our Registered Address Has Changed from 1st January 2016.
6th Floor, Mutual House
70 Conduit Street
London W1S 2GF
Telephone Number: +44 (0) 1707 245826
VAT Registration No. GB 524 7879 10
© 2016 IFEAT