IFEAT Spanish Study Tour 2018 Participation Policy
Participant Agreement Prior To Participation On A Study Tour
Prior to being accepted on a Study Tour, each potential participant must agree to the following conditions:
- Companies being visited often request that certain conditions are met during a visit. These can relate to health and safety measures (e.g. wearing of protective clothing, no use of cell/mobile phones, no smoking) or for confidentiality reasons (e.g. no photography or no entry to restricted areas) or any other restrictive policy expressed by the welcoming company.
- IFEAT discourages participants making their own alternative arrangements outside the Study Tour Programme. However, if participants do make such arrangements then:
- (a) The Study Coordinators must be informed prior to undertaking these arrangements and
- (b) IFEAT cannot be responsible for any activities that a participant organises outside the Tour programme. For example, if a participant is not back in time for the next Tour meeting then the coach will not wait.
- Delegates must agree not to undertake activities that could reflect badly on IFEAT – e.g. non-payment of individual expenses accrued with the tour agent or hotels, smoking in non-smoking hotel rooms.
- If registered participants cannot participate in a Study Tour because of failure to obtain a visa or for any other reason (e.g. sickness) then IFEAT cannot be held responsible and the participant will be subject to IFEAT’s cancellation policy outlined in the Study Tour booking form and below.
- It is strongly recommended that participants take out insurance, including medical insurance, to cover such risks.
- Agree to the cancellation policy as outlined in the Study Tour brochure.
- Failure to comply with the conditions set forth may jeopardise your future application to participate in IFEAT activities.
IFEAT Spanish Study Tour 2018 Cancellation Policy
A 50% refund will be paid on a cancellation received in writing by the IFEAT Secretariat by noon (12.00 hours) UK time on 31st March 2018. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after the above deadline, irrespective of the reason, including inability to obtain a visa to visit Spain (where appropriate). It is the responsibility of the individual participant to obtain a valid entry visa.
It is recommended that the individual participant takes out insurance to cover the risk of not being able to participate because of sickness or for any other reason whatsoever.
If an individual with a confirmed place finds later that he/she is unable to participate, it will be possible to change the booking name to that of another company member without incurring a financial penalty (assuming the change is before 30th April 2018). If a suitable company substitute cannot be found however, this implies cancellation, which will be subject to the policy given above.
The organisers reserve the right to change the hotels/restaurants or any other aspect of the Tour, without notification or reason should the need arise. In the unlikely event that not enough participants register for this Study Tour, IFEAT reserves the right to cancel by 31st March 2018, in which case a full refund of Tour fees will be made.
History of the 40 years of IFEAT!
Read Peter Greenhalgh’s “History of IFEAT” series. The full version in a book was given as a gift at the Athens Fortieth Anniversary Conference 2017. Each of these articles has been included in past issues of IFEATWORLD.