INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.ifeat.org is a website operated by The International Federation of Essential Oils and Aroma Trades Limited, a company limited by guarantee, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 01369368 and whose registered office is at 6th Floor, Mutual House, 70 Conduit Street, London W1S 2GF (we, us or IFEAT). Our VAT number is GB 524 7879 10. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is IFEAT.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.ifeat.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
- You may give us information about you by entering your data on our website www.ifeat.org (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to become a member, place an order on our website including registering to attend an event we are organising, participate in any discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey (including providing feedback on events attended), apply for a job and/or submit a curriculum vitae either in response to an advert or speculatively and when you report a problem with our website.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
- We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to send you information you have requested;
- to register you as a delegate at a course, meeting, workshop or other event which you have asked to attend;
- to deal with your enquiries;
- where you have submitted a job application we may for a reasonable period keep your details on file for future reference should a suitable position subsequently become available and we may send you information about job opportunities;
- to develop, deliver and improve our events, products or services;
- to register you as a member of IFEAT when you have requested to be so registered;
- where you have responded to a survey or questionnaire, we may publish your comments on our website or other literature for promotional purposes, however, we will not name you as the author of the comment unless you specifically permit us to do so.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Where you have applied to become a member of IFEAT and we have accepted your application, you can then decide if your name, company information and contact details will be displayed in the member’s area of our website. This information is only accessible by us and by other members using a password. Please note that in such circumstances, use of such personal data by other members shall be outside of our control. If you do not want your information to be included in the members’ area, please refrain setting this up on your members portal.
- Where you have signed up to attend an event which we are organising, we may include your name, company information and contact details in the event materials provided to other delegates during the event. Please note that in such circumstances, use of the personal data by other delegates shall be outside of our control. If you do not want your information to be included in the event materials, please indicate this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website (including Google Analytics). You can find further information on Google Analytics further down this page.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- For the purposes connected with your attendance at conferences, study tour or other events, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the organisers and/or any contractors of such events.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google. Google Analytics utilizes “cookies” which are saved on your computer and allow it to track and examine your usage of our website.
- The usage information generated by these cookies (incl. your IP address) is transferred to and stored on a server in the USA owned by Google. Google will analyse this information to evaluate the usage of our website, to create reports about website activities for us, and to offer further services in connection with our website and related internet activities. Where necessary, Google will share this data with third parties if it is required by law or when third parties are processing the data on behalf of Google. Google will never compare your IP address with other data collected by Google.
- You can prevent the installation of the cookies by changing the settings of your browser software. However please note that this may cause some functions of our website to not work to the full extent as intended. By using our website you agree with the above and the purpose for which your user data is processed by Google.
- Please note that our website uses Google Analytics with the add-on “_anonymizeIp()”, so that IP addresses are only recorded in a shortened format which makes it impossible to personalize the data.
- You can also prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking the following link. An Opt-out browser add-on will be installed which will prevent further collection of your data when visiting our website.
- For deactivation please click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- The deactivation of Google Analytics is available for the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera.
- Information about Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/index.html
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff, operating outside the EEA, who work for us or for one of our contractors. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. The system we use is as per our Payment Gateway Provider Brian Tree and Pay Pal is called Kount Fraud Prevention Tool. For more information please contact IFEAT at email@example.com
- Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We are celebrating 40 years of IFEAT!
Read the first instalment of Peter Greenhalgh’s “History of IFEAT” series, which is being prepared to celebrate IFEAT’s fortieth anniversary this year. It was published in the December 2016 issue of IFEATWORLD.