The 2018 annual IFEAT Conference will take place from 9th to 13th September 2018 in Cartagena, Colombia, South America.
Call for Papers
In 2017, the IFEAT Conference in Athens was a great success attracting over 1,300 delegates and accompanying persons from 59 countries. Some very interesting papers were presented during the conference and the lectures were well attended.
The theme for Cartagena in 2018 is “Las Américas”. The conference programme will focus on:
- Essential oils and sourcing from Central and South America including the Caribbean and the Amazon
- Citrus production/trade overviews (with potential focus on Greening issues)
- F&F Markets in Latin America
In addition, and of specific interest, views on topics or new developments regarding:
- Aromatic agriculture: developments and challenges
- Climate change
Download the Call for Papers document below:
PLEASE NOTE: All lectures will be given in English language.
We invite you to submit an abstract of what you propose to present at the Cartagena conference. Presentation proposals accepted include scientific, technical or professional papers, lectures, workshops and panel discussions with experts.
Presentations are normally a maximum of 20 minutes with five minutes for questions. You may submit more than one proposal but a maximum of three.
Please outline how you will ensure that your presentation is engaging, informative, educational and relevant to the F&F industry audience. Please note, you may not advertise or promote your company/organisation’s products or services in your presentation.
Abstract proposal deadline – 28th February 2018
Please submit your abstract proposal and speaker biog/information no later than 28th February 2018 to:
Tina Carne, IFEAT Conference Programme Coordinator, by email: email@example.com
Your proposal will then be put forward for consideration by the Cartagena Conference Committee. You will be informed of their decision no later than 31st March 2018.
- Your abstract (maximum 500 words) – an outline of the topic of your presentation
- How your presentation/paper is relevant to the F&F industry
- Any relevant qualitative and quantitative data to support your presentation
- How your presentation/paper ties in with the theme of the conference
- A short biography of yourself (maximum150 words)
- Details of other speaking engagements you have had (if any)
- Your contact details; company name, address, email, phone, website
- A colour head and shoulders photograph
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 28th February 2018
- Conference Registration Opens: Spring 2018
- Presentation Materials Due: 1st August 2018